Perseverance
So much for good intentions!!
 My mum came and visited for the long weekend - which was wonderful and very busy! She is not one to sit around and relax. She is also not a Christian - I am the only Christian in my family. This made it hard to find time to sit and read my bible. I had great intentions of reading it every day and posting here after my quiet time with God as a way of reflecting.

I still intend on doing that, I just feel a little guilty that it has fallen through so quickly. However, today is a new day, my mum lest this morning and I now have spent some time reading my bible. I think thats the thing with goals. We have these great intentions and then the first time we fail at the them we think whats the point? But they wouldnt be goals if they were so easily obtained. I want to get in a good habit but I have to be honest with myself and realise that there will be times when I fail at it. The important thing is that after failing I pick myself up and try again instead of giving up.

With that in mind I decided to look up perseverance and I stumbled upon Romans 5 which gave me alot of hope and reminded me that God loves me despite all my failings.


"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wehave peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but wealso rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."
Romans 5:1-11
1 Response
  1. Yeah, I can comment. I need to read my scriptures more often. So many answers to life are contained in them.


  • Prayer Points

    • Pray that God opens my heart to him and helps me trust in him more
    • Please ask God to guide the doctors in finding out what is wrong with me.
    • Pray for my friend in the UK who is finally seeking help, I hope he finds someone who is open
    • Thank God for opening my Mum's heart about DID, may she now be open to Christianity too
    • Pray that I may be more displined, particularly in my daily quiet times.
    • For peace of mind
    • Thank God for the rain in NSW and pray that it continues